MYCOM OSI leverages deep telecom network expertise to operationalize Big Data
Mobile World Congress 2015, Barcelona – 2nd March 2015 – MYCOM OSI, the leading independent provider of Next Generation Service Assurance, Automation/Orchestration, and Network Analytics solutions to the world’s largest Communications Service Providers (CSPs), today announced the launch of its ProInsight™ Network Analytics solution.
With ProInsight™, MYCOM OSI delivers an innovative approach to telecom analytics by leveraging its established telecom-specific expertise in management of large-scale heterogeneous multi-vendor and multi-domain network data, and dynamically linking it to business and customer Big Data via a dynamic bridging technology. This approach transforms CSPs network planning and operations processes by seamlessly integrating business Big Data into network processes to deliver high value uses cases that impact customer experience and network CapEx such as value-based capacity planning, as well as provide a rapid return on investment for Big Data platforms investments.
ProInsight™ is a Next Generation Network Analytics solution for CSPs to tap into the – still underutilized – wealth of network and service, device, handset and customer data at their disposal. ProInsight™ offers unique network utilization and subscriber behavior insights by integrating and associating technical/network information (for example, congestion) with commercial/business metrics (such as handset types or customer plans subscribers are on). In this way, CSPs can make optimal, network- and business-relevant decisions (for example, on new infrastructure investment) in an efficient manner. ProInsight™ also provides a strong foundation for analytics-driven automated operations as well as new CSP offerings, i.e. for the challenges and opportunities introduced by billions of connected M2M/IoT devices generating a tsunami of data on complex hybrid (physical and virtual) networks in the future.
Key ProInsight™ highlights include:
- Powerful insights through versatile statistical analysis of technical and commercial metrics, correlation of key variables, detailed network profiling, and predictive/forecasting options
- High-performance platform for the unified consideration of technical and commercial (including BSS) data, with the ability to discover and incorporate data from (Hadoop) big data stores via its Analytics Data Bridge
- Customized definition of insights and decision-making workflows, based on best practices and existing CSP Operations/Engineering/other processes, which can also make use of pre-packaged workflow templates
- Advanced, telecom-driven and business-relevant reporting with comprehensive options such as tables, diagrams, maps, and one-stop dashboards depending on the use case
- Carrier-grade telecom foundation of multi-technology, multi-vendor and multi-domain capabilities proven at Tier-1 CSP networks worldwide, with off-the-shelf options that include pre-packaged knowledge (‘Smart Packs’) and vendor equipment adaptors/interfaces
“Our customers told us there was a big disconnect and fragmentation between Big Data platforms – that focus mostly on the BSS side and marketing use cases – and the network domain,” said Mounir Ladki, President and CTO at MYCOM OSI “With ProInsight™ we leverage existing business-centric Big Data and inject it directly and seamlessly into network planning and operations processes to deliver practical analytics-driven network management use cases with tangible business benefits, and in doing so we help take the promise of big data analytics from hype to realization.”
MYCOM OSI will be demonstrating and discussing a number of ProInsight™ use cases at Mobile World Congress, Hall 1, Stand 1A20. MYCOM OSI ProInsight™ will be generally available in summer 2015.