NetExpert™ 11.0 introduces new user interface for efficient alert management, and offers advanced support for LTE and VoLTE service assurance
London, UK – 24th February 2015 – MYCOM OSI, the leading independent provider of best-in-class Service Assurance solutions to the world’s largest Communications Service Providers (CSPs), today announced the latest version of its NetExpert™ Fault Management solution.
Version 11.0 of NetExpert™ introduces a new, state-of-the-art user interface to simplify alert management and increase the productivity of individuals and teams that manage network faults. NetExpert™ Alert Manager supports customization and integration with other critical applications to facilitate the implementation of CSP best practices and minimize the time spent on visualizing and acting on alerts. NetExpert™ 11.0 also provides an advanced fault management foundation for CSPs who are deploying LTE/4G networks or adding VoLTE to their LTE service offering. This foundation has made use of the MYCOM OSI experience from LTE and VoLTE engagements, including the work with a major US CSP.
NetExpert™ is a market-leading, next-generation Service Assurance platform that enables CSPs to address customer experience challenges related with Fault and Service Impact Management. As a versatile, multi-vendor and multi-technology, carrier-grade foundation, NetExpert™ offers protocol-independent event management, sophisticated policy modeling, advanced root-cause correlation, and real-time data reporting to manage legacy and next-generation mobile/fixed/converged networks.
NetExpert™ 11.0 builds upon previous versions to extend the industry-leading fault management capabilities of NetExpert™, with highlights including:
- Enhanced multi-technology and multi-vendor support, with LTE and VoLTE fault management supported in addition to 2G/3G, based on
- Vendor Specific Adaptor (VSA) templates, to accelerate deployment through rapid development of interfaces to vendors’ Element Management Systems (EMSs)
- Policy-based Root Cause Analysis (RCA), to reduce the number of alerts that operational teams need to be aware of and minimize RCA time
- New, web-based user interface for more efficient alert management that comprises (along with a number of other features) support for
- Single-screen user experience with reduced mouse clicks and inline correlation data, and customized visualization including alert tagging and severity-dependent presentation
- Easy integration with other applications, and inclusion of data-driven components and dynamic menus that depend on the nature/context of each alert
“To minimize customer experience issues when network faults occur, CSPs need reliable solutions to suppress the tsunami of interdependent alerts and to help operational teams focus on and repair the root cause of faults in a simplified, efficient manner. This is particularly important in complex, multi-vendor and multi-technology networks, and essential when new services such as VoLTE have been deployed,’’ commented Paul Ghanime, Head of Product Management at MYCOM OSI. “We are delighted to announce the first major release of NetExpert™ under the MYCOM OSI brand. This version builds upon our experience from deployments at Tier-1 CSP networks worldwide to increase operational efficiency by simplifying daily fault management tasks and to help CSPs address the significant challenges of maintaining optimal LTE and VoLTE user experience”.