NIMS-PrOptima V4.0 Delivers High Performance and Scalability for Big Network Data
TM Forum Management World, Nice – 14th May 2013 – MYCOM, the leading independent provider of carrier-grade Service and Network Performance solutions, today launched V4 of its NIMS-PrOptima™ network performance management solution.
NIMS-PrOptima™ 4.0 addresses the significant scale and performance challenges Communications Service Providers face when managing end-to-end performance across large, complex and multi-layered Converged Mobile networks. Each minute, billions of disparate performance-related data records are created by network equipment across access, backhaul, core and service networks that need to be transformed into actionable intelligence for troubleshooting, analysis and reporting in near real-time.
Previous versions of NIMS-PrOptima™ have been successfully deployed in large-scale networks –including ones supporting 150M subscribers – and NIMS-PrOptima™ V4.0 delivers further enhancements to its performance and scalability, including:
- Up to 400,000 network elements managed on a single system instance
- Enhanced near real-time visibility down to 5 minute intervals
- 40% increase in data records processed to over 10 Billion per hour and 25% increase in data importation performance
- Enhanced network topology and configuration data with dynamic discovery and update of network configuration multiple times per day
- 25% increase in analysis and report computation performance to reduce problem resolution times to minutes
- More flexible and cost effective hardware utilization with Virtual Machine support (certified on VMware vSphere®) and new High Availability configuration (certified on Veritas Cluster Server®)
MYCOM’s NIMS-PrOptima™ is a converged (Fixed/IP/Mobile) Service and Network Performance Management solution with out-of-the-box support for multiple technologies, domains and equipment vendors across access, backhaul, core and service networks. It processes large volumes of performance, configuration and services data in near real-time, has advanced correlation, analytics, reporting and visualization modules, and is highly flexible via automation, workflow and configuration capabilities.
NIMS-PrOptima™ V4.0 also introduces enhanced IP performance management capabilities with automated device discovery, 1 minute polling granularity and built-in KPIs, workflows and reporting for device health and traffic reporting.
“CSPs face significant challenges in managing their network performance due to immense data traffic growth, the need to optimize the customer experience and the pressures of keeping costs minimized.” commented Mounir Ladki, CTO, at MYCOM “The most effective way to address these challenges is to harness the wealth of Big Data contained in their heterogeneous and multi-layered networks and turn it into actionable intelligence at a very high speed. With NIMS-PrOptima™ V4.0 MYCOM has focused on delivering a high performance and highly scalable network performance management platform with advanced analytics so that CSPs can manage their entire network end-to-end in near real-time within a single, unified system.”