NIMS-PrOptima™ 4.2 supports large-scale multi-time zone networks, and introduces new user interface for simplified performance management
TM Forum Live! Nice, France – 3rd June 2014 – MYCOM, the leading independent provider of carrier-grade Service and Network Performance Management solutions, today announced the latest version of its NIMS-PrOptima™ service and network performance management solution.
Version 4.2 of NIMS-PrOptima™ supports networks that span large geographical areas, different time zones and multiple operators with a new federated architecture that enables up to 100 billion performance data records to be processed per hour, a tenfold increase on the previous version. It also includes an all-new web-based user interface that allows easier access to near real-time network performance intelligence at visibility down to 5-minute intervals.
With network and service quality the principal contributor to customer experience, loyalty and churn, NIMS-PrOptima™ helps Communications Service Providers (CSPs) address the significant challenges they face when managing the end-to-end performance of their increasingly larger and more complex, multi-layer networks. Millions of distinct data records are generated every minute by thousands of network equipment – in the access, backhaul, core, and service network domains – and NIMS-PrOptima™ provides a unified service and network performance management platform to store, analyze and act on this valuable information.
NIMS-PrOptima™ 4.2 extends scalability and visibility of CSPs network performance, with highlights including:
- Support for very large scale networks of up to 1 million cells across heterogeneous networks and more than 60,000 IP devices
- Support for large geographical areas including multiple time-zones and multiple network operators to support group-level governance and RAN sharing
- New web-based interactive reporting capabilities – ideal for SOC/NOC and business executives – that include near real-time performance dashboards with drill-down charts, tables, maps and gauges
- New web-based analysis for rapid, first-level investigation and troubleshooting using custom pre-defined and guided workflows
- Multi-tenancy support so that different stakeholders – for example, operators’ enterprise customers, managed service providers’ CSP customers or RAN sharing partners – can only access specific data within the NIMS-PrOptima™ data warehouse
- A federated architecture with centralized administration for easier and more cost-efficient hardware expansion as the need to store and use more performance-related data from various network domains increases
“As network size and technology complexity increases with rollout of Small cells, HetNets and more digital services running on all-IP infrastructure – as well as more complex operating models like Managed Service and RAN Sharing agreements – the need for CSP’s to simplify how they control the network that their customers experience is now more pressing than ever, especially as network and service quality is a fundamental reason for poor loyalty and churn,” said Mounir Ladki, President and CTO at MYCOM software division, “Keeping the entire network at peak performance whilst minimizing capital and operational expenses requires a proactive, intuitive, near real-time and high-performance, scalable solution. NIMS-PrOptima™ 4.2 addresses these challenges by adding more power to manage more performance data but at the same time easier access to that valuable intelligence.”
NIMS-PrOptima™ 4.2 builds upon the previous releases which improved capabilities for multi-domain visualization and analysis such as cross-domain composite KPIs, custom cross-domain network region definitions and cross-domain root cause analysis.
NIMS-PrOptima™ is a converged (Fixed/IP/Mobile) Service and Network Performance Management solution with out-of-the-box support for multiple technologies, domains and equipment vendors across access, backhaul, core and service networks. It processes large volumes of performance, configuration and services data in near real-time, has advanced correlation, analytics, reporting and visualization modules, and is highly flexible via automation, workflow and configuration capabilities.